Withdrawing from Microstock

Posted by pri cri On 0 comments

Withdrawing from Microstock
I would like to hear the views of anyone who has pulled the plug on selling images through Microstock sites in order to promote through Photographers Direct. Do you regret it or was it the best decision you ever made?

Discontinuing Microstock sales is something I've been considering for some time (almost all of my newer material is offered RM anyway through my Photoshelter website and I'm working through putting on Alamy as well). However from a commercial standpoint it makes little sense to close all of my microstock portfolios without some due diligence into Photographers Direct and the level of sales I could expect it to bring in first.

As a professional photographer, I don't know why anyone would want to have their images in a microstock agency. They have ruined the stock photography industry. I'm not going to spend thousands of dollars on my equipment, expenses and time on my photography to support these agencies that sell your images for a dollar or two at a time. What is the point? If you don't value your images, no one will.

I've never worked with Microstock but I'm pretty sure that any content you've distributed through that model will never be accepted as RM as there is no way to determine the history of usage for the images. I have to agree with Kenny - the only ones making any $ in microstock are the agencies - how can any professional make a living selling content at $1 a pop?
we hope Withdrawing from Microstock are solution for your problem.

If you like this article please share on:

related post